Learn at your own pace
Learn in your own space
Acrobat, InDesign, PhotoShop & Illustrator.
Learn to make the most of them.
The Quill Consultancy Pty Ltd was established in 1987 and is Tasmania’s leading independent provider of computer training and computer-related consultancy services to a wide range of clients throughout Australia. In the training, education and documentation fields the company has been recognised for its ability to explain complex ideas simply and precisely to a range of audiences.
Our staff are full-time permanent employees of the company with Microsoft accreditation. We believe that our training is superior because our instructors are also experienced practitioners who use the software in the course of their work and can therefore advise course participants about practical workplace applications.
We prepare our own training materials, and these can be customised to meet the specific needs of any organisation.
Our consulting services involve a wide range of activities, including the preparation of macros and templates, and development of database applications and preparation of software documentation.
Another focus of the business is the development of Internet/intranet sites for corporate organisations.
A recent and growing component of the company’s activities is the provision of help desk support to a range of clients. The success of this service results from our in-depth knowledge of the software products currently in use in most corporate sites in Australia.
We are also able to provide training and consulting services in all parts of Tasmania, and in the mainland states of Australia. Our capacity to deliver application training to all major regional centres in Australia has been enhanced by our membership of the National Computer Training Network (NCTN) which has linked similar organisations in a strong national association.
We also maintain close working relationships with several mainland based Microsoft Certified Partners; this ensures we can provide training in technical areas that our own internal resources may not cover.
The Quill Consultancy Response to COVID-19
Given the current circumstances, The Quill Consultancy has put in place some precautionary measures to try and help mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 in Hobart.
How we are responding:
- Remote attendance for all participants [optional].
- All human contact surfaces disinfected daily within the Quill office.
- Minimum separation of 1 metre between participants in the classroom.
- Courtesy rescheduling of participants who feel Ill or are experiencing any flu like symptoms.
What you can do:
- Attend remotely
- Bring your own laptop or keyboard/mouse to minimise your contact with shared surfaces.
- Wash & Sanitize your hands before sitting down to use our workstations, facilities provided.
- Use polite social etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
We understand that even with these precautionary measures some people may feel uncomfortable attending their course. If you cannot make it to your scheduled course and cannot attend remotely then please let us know by calling us at (03) 6234 3883 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A note on remote attendance:
- Remote participation will require access to a computer with a microphone, web camera [optional], a modern web browser [Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge] and an internet connection.
- If you wish to attend remotely let us know before the day of your scheduled training so that we can provide you with a link to join the virtual classroom.
Do you need help using Microsoft Teams?
We have created courses for using Microsoft Teams that are available to take online. Learn the ins and outs of this powerful tool and make the most of remote working.